Monday, April 7, 2008

COLOR IS KEY



Hope everyone had beautiful spring weather this weekend. I was lucky enough to take a visit to the Pittsburgh Art Museum and the Phipps Conservatory which had beautiful displays of flowers and plants. I was really inspired by all the color and texture everywhere and have new ideas for new patterns swirling around in my head today. I'm trying to write some things down in my knitting notebook so that I don't forget. I've included a notebook in this post that came from http://www.cafepress.com/.

You can also use a plain notebook and decorate your own, my crafty ones. I keep thoughts, knitting sketches, ideas and pictures of clothing that inspire me. It's another way to stay motivated and really becomes a map of my journey as a knitter and a person. Walk outside, go to a museum if you're close to one, or the local library and grab an art book that you're drawn to and get inspired...

Your knitting color choices & textures will grow with you!

The other awesomely amazing knit worthy activity that I did was read my issue of knit.1 http://http://www.knit1mag.com/which arrived Friday. It's the Spring/Summer Eco Issue (the green issue) so grab it and read about all the wonderful alternatives for knitters to stay as green as possible. Vickie Howell has an interview with Adrienne Armstrong (eco-activist) with great tips and information.
Well, I'm off and running this sunny Monday and I hope these ideas help keep you motivated this week.
GO GREEN! KNIT-SHARE-GO... Marg
You can also find me at these sites - stop by and say hi!
if you aren't on ravelry.com yet, be sure and sign up for an invite! it's a great community for knitters, crocheters, designers, artists that hand dye and spinners.

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels