Sunday, August 23, 2009

Holla! Rabbit Hollow Prims is here for an interview...

Skulleton Keys


















Medusa Girlfriend!




















Devil Girl






Devil Boy




















Primitive Witching Hour Clock





















I HRT Etsy! Here's why. Sue O'Connor is a perfect example of Etsy heart, creativity and sensibility. You'll see what I mean when you read her interview. Sue is the brainchild of Rabbit Hollow Prims (as in primitives) BUT these are no ordinary primitive creations, so take a knit/crochet break, curl up on the sofa, and sip your hot mocha lightly as you enjoy the very dynamic and creative Sue O'Connor.


Q. Welcome Sue and thank you for taking time out from your busy shop for this interview. . I have to say I was lured into your shop by not only your avatar, name - Rabbit Hollow Prims and shop banner, but also the delicious promise of “whimsical prims and a whole lot of attitude!” This is not your typical prim shop.

Tell us how and when you decided to put that “attitude” into your wonderful prim creations.



A.. I just stumbled upon this revelation this year actually lol. I was making the 2 dolls for a custom order that are on my Etsy shoppe banner and I started to look at my primitives compared to other people's. I said to myself, you know I make such a wide variety of primitives and I add my own touch to them to try to make them stand out that I said they all have an attitude about them, lack of better words an “in your face” type attitude. One of my group members in OFG (Old Farmhouse Gathering) summed it up perfectly. She emailed me and said “I love all these wonderful characters that you have created! They look as if they could speak..... beautiful work!” Martha Apple Tree Cottage


Q. Sue, Rabbit Hollow Prims includes customer friendly programs like a reward system for your loyal customers, excellent price range of items, great quality and such variety and creativity as well as reasonable shop policies. I know from my own experience with your shop, that you have great communication with your customers and well made products which arrive quickly. It’s so obvious to any one who visits your shop that each item is made whole heartedly by the artist. How do you stay inspired?


A. I have to say that I get my inspiration from many places. I get it from other artists. I love their work and sometimes seeing something they did gets my mind rolling and I come up with an idea. Sometimes it is a book, picture, or real life thing that sets my brain off to make an item. My mother also helps with ideas. She will look at a doll I made and say you could add this or do that. The biggest thing is do not become lazy, or too comfortable in your work that you start to take shortcuts and the quality of the work goes down. I am a perfectionist when it comes to things so I may make a doll 3 times before I like it. I always say if I do not like the way it looks, neither will anyone else so let's do this again. I will throw it all away and start over.


Q. Excellent lesson for all of us when we are creating any project. . What artists or craftsmen/women inspire you or have mentored you along the way?


A. First and foremost my mother. She has been sewing for 30 + years and she, like I said before, helps with telling me how to do something or change it up. She had a craft business years ago and I used to help her out. That is where Rabbit Hollow Prims got its name as I resurrected her booth name from shows and changed it from Rabbit Hollow Crafts to Rabbit Hollow Prims. Also, if I don't understand how to do something, she is there to explain. I also am inspired by the many artists in all of the groups I am in. They do awesome work and it is a challenge for me to keep up with them I think.


Q. You definitely do well Sue, would you tell us about your Etsy Team Old Farmhouse Gathering? We would also like to know of any upcoming events, projects or news you’d like to share with us.



A. OFG (Old Farmhouse Gathering) is a talented, professional group of artisans who create everything from Primitive to Shabby Chic, with old fashioned flair! We currently are having a Summer Celebration launch on Etsy and upcoming is going to be a Fall launch but I do not know the specifics of it yet.


I am currently working on orders that I have for Fall/Halloween but I do also have a website where I sell all my prims too. It can be found at RabbitHollowPrims.com I would say the biggest news I have is that I am starting to take orders now for Christmas and winter as I only take a limited amount due to the holidays so get them in early. I have already gotten some orders in for Christmas gifts.

Lastly I do have a facebook fan page that anyone can join. It can be found on the above website at the bottom of the homepage or on my blogs. I have a regular everyday blog here http://www.rabbithollowprims.blogspot.com/ and I also have a All Halloween blog found here http://www.spookyspells.blogspot.com/

I also have many shoppes including Etsy, Ebay, WSOAPP (Whispered Secrets of a Primitive Past) , Lemon Poppy Seeds, Country Craft Show Online, SOATP(Sisters of All Things Primitive) and KSGP (Kindred Sisters Gathering Post). These can all be accessed from my above website. I want to say thank you for taking the time to interview me and also to my supporters and customers, y'all are the best!

You're very welcome Sue! You are a delightful artist. Thanks for sharing your insight into business, creativity and helpful tips for us. Much continued success and creative happiness in your future...and many blessings to you and your mother as well as all the mothers out there sharing and passing down their knowledge.


Here are additional links where you can find Sue O'Connor and her prims.

http://www.rabbithollowprims.com/

http://www.lemonpoppyseeds.com/shoppes/psrabbithollowprims/index.html

http://rabbithollowprims.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/gothbabe3

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5125705

http://www.countrycraftshowonline.com/craftbooth489/

http://www.wsoapp-rabbithollowprims.blogspot.com/




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels