Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crochet Cabin Interview

Today, we're kicking off the 2nd summer season of Etsy Interviews! Hoooray!  I'm thrilled to have Shelle or Shelleden as she is known on her Etsy Shop, Crochet Cabin, here at knit1fortheroad.  You'll be in awe of her passion for knitting and crochet, and swept away by the variety of patterns and items in her shop.  Gather around the knitting lawn chair, grab your lemonade and let's get started, shall we? 


Q. Shelle, welcome to knit1fortheroad. Which came first for you, crochet or knitting?

A. Crochet. Most of my designs are crochet, but I love to knit, too!


Q. Do you find that knowing how to knit and crochet enriches your patterns and which yarns inspire you the most?



A. Knowing how to knit and crochet enriches my whole life! Period. ;) I love textured yarns with rich, earthy colors.



Q. What made you decide to take the Etsy leap?



A. My friend, Jodi, told me about Etsy a few years ago, and it appealed to me as being user-friendly and a very effective way to promote my designs.


Q. Do you have any hopes, dreams, or goals for your knitting and crochet that you would like to share with us?


A. I would love to have another book published! I’d also love to see one of my designs in “Interweave Crochet” magazine. My goal is to submit a couple of my more unusual designs - something nobody has ever seen before - and have them accepted for publication!


Q. Shelle, I can’t help but notice your colorful creations and excellent feedback. Do you have any tips for new Etsy shop owners?


A. The main thing is be patient, give good customer service, and keep things re-listed as soon as something sells! Also, it doesn’t hurt to network - Facebook is great. You can post pictures and links to your shop.


Joining crochet/knit forums online is a wonderful way to get your name out there, too, not to mention making lots of friends along the way!


The crochet/knit community is a wonderful group of people who will support and encourage you all the way!


That is excellent advice, Shelle.  Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and taking time away from your creative life to share some valuable insight with us.   Here's to continued success to you and your knit and crochet adventures.


You can find Shelle and her work on the following links:
http://crochetcabin.bravehost.com/

http://shelleden.etsy.com/
http://queeniescabin.blogspot.com/









Bookmark and Share  


2 comments:

mentalembellisher said...

Shelle was one of the first people I met on Etsy and I am a huge fan! The granny jacket she made for me is of the highest quality and even though I wear it constantly it looks as good as the day I received it!

Kahud48 said...

Great interview! Shelle is one talented lady and a dear online friend I have had the great privilege of meeting. Her designs are just as awesome as she is, you will never find a nicer person.
Keep em' coming kiddo!

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels