Monday, September 20, 2010

Do you ContainYaCrafts? Interview Day!


I'm so pleased that Marlo Letterle is here today to share with us informaiton about her organizers and totes for crafters. Marlo is a CreatingTheHive member,successful founder/owner/manufacturer of Scrap'n Tote and ContainYaCrafts. It doesn't matter what kind of crafting you enjoy, Marlo has something for everyone. Sit back and embrace all of the organizing options and learn how necessity truly is the mother of invention.

Q. Marlo, how did you become interested in organizing and containers?


A. Margaret, when you can't create you sell the containers to those who can. Selling these items allows me to be close to the "action" of all the lovely, creative, and inspiring work of others. Just because I can't create these items doesn't mean I don't admire them!!!


After I purchased my Cricut Expression I did what everyone does. I purchased dozens of Cricut Cartridges. When I looked for a storage system I could not find what I was looking for so I had it manufactured LOL. I call "her" Scrap'n Tote!!! The rest just followed. I decided I could offer Crafters a "one stop shop" for all their storage needs.

Q. I was drawn immediately to the Needle Crafts section and the Scrap’n Tote when I visited your web site, ContainYaCrafts. Can you tell us about some of these wonderful items?

A. The Yarn Drum Tote is a new item this year. It was so hot for the first six months I could not even get my hands on one. I finally got some in for the CHA SuperShow in July. The Yarn Drum Tote is my favorite needle craft item. The bottom is vinyl so you don't have to worry where you set it down. It has three different carrying positions and holds 7-8 skeins of yarn. Also, it has 4 pass through holes on top so you can easily work with multiple colors. It is a real gem. I also love the Hook & Needle Folio!! Great place to store all your hooks and needles. (Yarn Drum & Hook & Needle Folio)

Q. What inspired you Marlo, to start the business and do you have any advice for anyone beginning a craft business?

A. I guess "necessity is the mother of invention" I needed a place to store all my Cricut cartridges and that got me thinking about storage items for other crafts, i.e., needle work, sewing and quilting, scrapbooking, and storage items for artists. I am pretty busy with Scrap'n Tote right now, but I have big plans for adding more storage items to ContainYa Crafts!!!


Q. I watched the CHA Craft Supershow July 2010 videos on your homepage. Do you often travel with the business and are you passing your passion for crafting onto your grandaughter?


A. No, I don't travel too much. I have an 11 acre horse farm and a small Equestrian Riding Facility. That keeps me pretty close to home. I try to use the internet and social marketing to get the work out about my products. I loved doing the CHA and plan on participating again next summer. The CHA SuperShow is in Chicago and that is only 40 miles from me. And, yes, I do teach my granddaughter what I know about knitting and crocheting. And that unfortunately, is not very much LOL. She loves it but she is still struggling with her tension. She is only 11 year old so I think it will come . . . it will just take some time. We stay pretty busy in our barn and my grandaughter works in the barn more than I do. We crochet and knit more in the winter months.

Q. Can you give us the scoop on any new products or events coming up this year?

A. There are some great storage products I want to add to the ContainYa Crafts line. One of these manufacturers is in my community. I hope to add some of their products in January. I am too busy with Scrap'n tote right now and need to get through the holiday rush before I can work on that. Also, all of my ContainYa Crafts product line is "always" 15% under the manufacturer's retail price.

I am currently working on different products that will be compatible or easily integrated into Scrap'n Tote. I expect to offer my Scrap'n Tote customers some alternative storage capabilities after the first of the year as well.

We all struggle with finding good products to help us stay organized and portable.  Thank you Marlo, for sharing with us information about your business and products. 

Here are links where you can find ContainYaCrafts products and Marlo's blog.
http://creatingthehive.com/marlol
http://twitter.com/MyScrapnTote
http://www.containyacrafts.com/
http://www.cricutcartridgestorage.com/


No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels