Saturday, September 18, 2010

Meet Genelle, the Diversified Crafter!


Today, I'd like to introduce you to Genelle, or Gen as she is known on CreatingTheHive.com, the new exciting arts and crafts community. Gen truely is a diversified crafty lady.  She was one of the first members of "the Hive" I had the pleasure to meet.  Gen's blog has become my go to read of the day and now you'll know why.  Sit back, sip a sip, maybe nibble on some chocolate and enjoy a visit with Gen, The Diversified Crafter!!

Q. Gen, you are one of the most diverse crafters on Creating The Hive. I really look forward to your blog posts. Do you have any advice for crafty bloggers out there who might be struggling to get started?


A. I think you must need to look for what really makes your heart sing with a passion. You might have to try a few things out to see if they fit you and your life style. For me that has been so many diverse crafts, but I still feel my passion is with crochet and knitting. Also these days with things being a bit more pricey, you might try to find someone to trade and or barter with or check ads online to see if you might find something you would like to try. Make sure to take advantage of sales and coupons from craft and hobby stores too!

Q. Great advice, Gen.  Please share with us why you are so drawn to crafting and what it has meant to you in your daily life?


A. I have always liked to make things since I was a child, it gives me great joy to make gifts and makes my heart smile to see things I craft come to life from out of my head.


I have severe fibromyalgia for the past 18 years, so for me my crafting keeps me sane and helps keep my pain at bay and allows me to active mentally and some what physically. I believe crafts are a tremendous help to people with disabilities of all types.


Q. I really enjoy your recipes, Gen.  What is your favorite Autumn recipe?

A. I am big on comfort foods, so as the weather gets cooler I love to make a good soup or stew and serve it with some good crusty bread and a warm bread pudding for dessert.


Q. Is there someone in your life that encouraged your creativity in the beginning of your crafty adventures?


A. Yes.. There are several people, actually the first being my mother, as I loved to watch her crochet.  Her hook and fingers flew over the threads and she hardly ever looked at her hands. Then of course my Great Grandmother Torrey, who was a genius at making rugs and my Great Aunt Myra, who was an artist and a seamstress.


From the crafting industry, I have been inspired by many outstanding leaders including Carol Duvall, Aleene Jackson along with her daughters Tiffany and Heidi.


And my biggest inspiration now is my husband, Ross who always encourages me and my desire to pass my love of crafting on to my 5 year old grand daughter, Forrest.

Q. Gen, do you have any pearls of wisdom and/or inspiration you’d like to share with us that hasn’t been covered in the interview questions?


A. I just would like to tell everyone how much I truly believe that crafting has been a gift to me from above. I have learned that if you believe it you CAN truly achieve it and do not let anything or anyone stand in your way and above all let love guide your life.

That is a wonderful thought for us to remember.  Thank you for sharing your passion for crafting with us today, Gen.

Visit Gen, The Diversified Crafter on the following links:
CreatingTheHive
TheDiversifiedCrafter on Facebook
Winslowwoman on Twitter

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels