Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Knitters Connection Event

Last Friday, I was in Columbus, OH for the Knitters Connection event.  The event is one of my favorites and even though we moved to Maryland, I managed to make the trip to Ohio. 

When I reached the Greater Columbus Convention Center, I spotted knitting enthusiasts making a beeline for the registration and information booth.  I could feel the anticipation in the air.  The market was not open when I arrived and I had plenty of time to look around, visit with fellow knitters and go through my member's goodie bag. Yum!  There was discussion amoung the group waiting on the ottomans in the lobby about who knits, who knits and crochets, and how far they traveled to reach the event, as well as their favorite yarns.  I was lucky enough to join in the fun.  I never feel lonely at these events if I have to go on my own.  There is great fellowship among the knitty.  We all had our favorite vendors and looked forward to new knitting accessories, yarns, and demonstrations.

This year, the event was all in one room and air-conditioned- Yay! I chatted with familiar faces and met new vendors and knitting authors.  I searched for the unusal or new (at least for me) fibers, accessories and vendors.There were also classes and a fashion show.  I spoke with several people who had been in class that day and they were all happy with their lessons and ready to learn more.

Knitters gathered at the tables, knitted and shared information, along with items that they had purchased.  There was more community than I've seen in awhile at an event.  The focus this year was not only to buy needed products, but also share and encourage others. 
The North Market is always my next stop after the Knitters Connection. It's close to the convention center and has some great food.   We like the Vietnamese food vendor.  Order #6 - very yummy.

I feel that we were reminded of the valuable need for community. I urge you to attend at least one knitting event near you to revitalize your knitting life.

Look for a way to share your knitting joy this week and let your needles fly.

Marg (Revitalized!)


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels