Thursday, January 29, 2009

PAVING A PATH through KNIT/CROCHET LAND

Bookmark and Share


Today, I'm working on some interviews for you, and basically getting caught up with knitting and book sites. I would like to share some thoughts and encouragement to all my knit and crochet readers.
We are all in the same situation basically. Learning our skills, finding out what works for us and concentrating on the next project. It's a great situation, actually, because it enables us to help, inspire and motivate our fellow knitters and crocheters with our experiences.

Many of us are self-taught to some degree, and sometimes feel self-conscious in a group of knitters or crocheters who seem faster, smarter and down right more knitterific than we could ever be. We get discouraged and give up. Please don't. If you're struggling , that's ok - it's part of the creative process and we all go through it at every level. This is where the "community" part of knitting or crochet kicks in to help guide us.

I was in a group a few years ago, and started casting on with my knitting needles, which is my preferred method. There was a uniform gasp, and I looked up and the ladies were all watching me intently. I thought, oh &%#?/ what am I doing wrong in front of all these ladies! It turns out, they had never been taught how to cast on this way and were astounded by my speed (of course they didn't know I'd been doing it that way for years) That day, I was a teacher, instead of the subject of ridicule (don't worry, there have been plenty of other times when the situation was reversed) We can be both teachers and students and I hope you will try both. It will enrich your life - and give you some amusing stories to share as well.

There are many methods to learn - pick one or two that work for you and keep on keepin' on with your projects. There's a lot of paths to Knit/Crochet land and a lot of buzz about being a fearless knitter or crocheter - and that's you baby!


Knit-Cro-Share-Go on with your bad self!

Marg (wondering if there is a knit/crochet goddess or angel out there giggling right now)


No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels