Monday, January 26, 2009

OMG MONDAY!



I don't know about your knitty side of the world, but it's freezing and the snow is baack. It's also internet dodododo connection day. SCAREY! Well, to cope, I've been working on some projects I'd like to share.
The Knitting Therapy knitting experiment is going to be underway this week - for those of you who missed the blog - I will be placing the box at my chiro's office for people in the waiting room - many of his patients knit, so hopefully they'll help knit the scarf. It's really a fabulous idea my chiropracter came up with. He's a cool dude. The display box is ready, the knitting is started and hopefully the fun will begin. I will be taking more pics and tracking progress (and hopefully there will be-hence, the experiment part of this) Anyway, keep your knitting needles crossed that others will join in. When the scarf is finished, I will be donating it to Scarves from the Heart (one of our knit/crochet along charity groups). Stay tuned.
NEW KNIT 1 FOR THE ROAD KNIT/CROCHET ALONG PROJECT
Over the weekend, I started a crocheted blanket for Tails of Hope Foundation (Blanketed with Love Campaign) This blanket is going to me a medium large blanket and it's made with Sensations Rainbow Classic Pattern and will probably take two skeins. It is going to be lightweight but warm. I will give you dimensions when it's done to give you an idea of size - I'm winging it! I will also be making a knitted version soon.
I'd also like to share an amazingly easy crochet scarf from LionBrand that I'm also working on called Irish Lace Scarf. It's a free pattern also, so check it out if you're interested. I will be posting pics when it's completed.
Last, but certainly not least. I'd like to invite you all to visit Review A Book, a new community that some of my author friends have started for authors and readers alike. It's fun, friendly, easy to use and it's really taking off. You don't have to be an author to join in the fun. It's a great place for indie writers and those who enjoy their books. Check it and be surprised!


Marg in a snowglobe!
KNITTERIFIC TIP FOR TODAY...keep a crochet hook handy for those dropped stitches. It makes it sooo much easier when you're unnoticed slipped stitch is a few rows down. Grab up that loose stitch and weave it through your knitting smoothly with this tool.

2 comments:

SandraD. said...

I am very interested in this project and would like to know if I could try it in my area as well? I am a horticultural therapist who knits and am in search of a formal 'knitting therapy' program.

please contact me via my website:
www.hestiashands.com
or blog: www.yarnivore.blogspot.com

Thank you for thinking of this, it is brilliant!

Knit 1 for the Road said...

Hi SandraD - Thanks for your comment. Here's a link for everyone to give you ideas on where and how to conduct your own knitting therapy projects in your community. Stay tuned for updates - everything is being documented for the next book due out late summer. Here's the link - http://www.knitmagic.com/4.html

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels