Sunday, January 11, 2009

KNITWEAR EVERYWHERE!

(I spy fabulous knitwear downtown)


GREETS KNITTIES -

Today is the perfect knit or crochet day - the weather is gloomy, more snow and rain on the way and no interest whatsoever in any sports event on tv at this particular time. Slowed down by an oncoming cold, I decided to finish my first project for the next book and watch a Netflix movie - a great way to stay still, when the dogs and friends would rather have me up and running around.
Today's choice was the Marsh (a supernatural flic) and it was chock full of knitted hats, sweaters, scarves, etc. which really made my day to hit the knitters' motherload of entertainment. You see, ever since I started knitting and crocheting as a young girl, I was always looking for clothes on television, movies, and magazines that were handmade. Knitting and crochet were out for a bit, but they came back with a blast...and I remember the glee when I saw Heather Graham in The Spy who Shagged Me (a kid choice, for sure-during my early stepmom years) in that now famous crocheted dress. There were a few movies that were period pieces that included knitted items as well. Last year when the Golden Compass came out there was quite a buzz in the knitting world over the hats and coats worn. Project Runway offered great knitwear in the last two seasons and the new movie Doubt also has a knitted goodie - can you spot it?

Give a look, you will find knitted and crocheted items all around you. Fingerless gloves, jackets, capes and legwarmers abound. So be aware! I spy....isn't just for little kids anymore. I'm thankful for my amusing and hilarious stepdaughters for endless hours of I spy in the backseat of my little prism. I can still see them on either side of the imaginary line which prevented them from poking, sticking, or torturing each other during family outings. They had no idea that I had been playing their game myself for years. Some things are better kept secret.

Find joy in your knitting or crochet today - otherwise, what's the point!

Knit-Share-Go!

Marg(writing under the influence of cold medicine-please don't try this at home)

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels