Tuesday, July 1, 2008

CREATING HISTORY WITH YOUR KNIT/CROCHET PROJECTS

Bookmark and Share



Recently, a neighbors dog, Molly died of cancer. Molly was an older rescue dog - very sweet and calm. My Molly, a very friendly yorkie always wanted to run up to her but my other yorkie "mad" Max always seemed to flip out and have the worst dog behavior ever exhibited. I call it SDS (small dog syndrome) He has since gotten better - but he's still a work in progress. I always felt bad because I had to keep my dogs rollin' when we would meet and I was only able to stop and visit once or twice.

Her owner has been really down and I was sad to hear about Molly dying and felt really rotten about how the situation had gone down every time we met so I decided to take action! There's nothing you can say - really- to make a dog owner feel better about their loved one passing, but I thought maybe if I could crochet a blanket for another dog in need in Molly's honor, this would help a little. So I contacted, Linda Blick of
Tails of Hope (BLANKETED WITH LOVE PROGRAM) and let her know the situation. Linda was very helpful and in need of a larger blanket for a dog in hospice so I got busy.

Yesterday, two neighbor children came up to my little Molly to pet her and told me all about the neighbors' Molly dying - it was very much on their minds. It made me realize how we touch peoples' lives whether it's through our actions, pets, or knitting or crochet projects. Something for us to consider as knitters and crocheters, every time we sit down to make an item for someone else. Every stitich has intent and every project has it's own history.

Knit-Share-Go!

Marg


No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels