Monday, December 22, 2008

THE BEST GIFT EVER!

Just in from a busy weekend visiting with my beautiful and accomplished stepdaughter I often referred to as Cookie, as she was growing up and will refer to her now in order to maintain her privacy. Anyone who has known a teen, met a teen, or has lived with a teen knows they consider this of mega-importance when dealing with the adults. Dad and I rushed around showing Cookie as much of the really cool sites that Pittsburgh offers this time of year as we could. If you have not visited Pittsburgh, lately, the whole city is at its shiney best this time of year and well worth the visit. Between festive events and visiting with her Dad's family, Cookie expressed an interest in knitting. Well, my feet left the ground and I was filled with knitty glee! I have been hoping for this moment for several years and this was music to my ears. When I finally came back to planet Earth, I proceeded to give her a set of size 8 size knitting needles, yarn and basic instructions to get her going...and boy did she go! It's always easier to teach someone who is ready and wants to learn. I was so proud of how well she was able to catch on and her dedication to learn. Yippee!!! This was the greatest gift of all - passing on the gift of knitting to someone I love. My sister, Lea inspired me to knit and now I have passed this inspiration on to another and come full circle. Sharing and helping someone learn is the greatest gift you can give and receive and when it occurs out of the blue and during the holiday - KAPOW! that's just the universe working it's usual magic with a sense of humor.

My wish for all of you is to share your gifts and talents during the holidays and through the new year. Watch the amazing events unfold before you.

Knit-Share-Go!

Marg (wedged between two snoozing yorkies)

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels