Thursday, November 17, 2011

Locks of Love and a new do...

This morning I woke up to the sound of rain and wind and thought what a perfect day to shake things up around here and get a new hairstyle!  I've been wanting to donate my hair to Locks of Love for awhile now, but just couldn't quite get the 10" minimum.  Today was going to be the day, so I whipped out my knitty tape measure and did a preliminary check - yep, my pony measured 10" pulled straight.  It's a go.

 Locks of Love is a wonderful organization that takes your donated hair to make wigs for financially disadvantaged children, age 21 and under, suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.  They also accept shorter links, so please take a moment to read their guidelines : Locks of Love Guidelines.  There are other ways to help. Visit the Other Ways to Help page on the website.


Pre haircut ponytail

The first order of business was to find an awesome hairdresser in town and I found just that.  Jackie of Jackie's Family Hair Salon was so helpful.  In the past, I've seen some amazing haircuts on the happy customers coming out of her salon while I grabbed a coffee in the nearby coffeshop, so I knew it was the right place to go.  Jackie has cut her patrons hair to be donated many times and knew just what to do.  She also totally got my short hair needs and gave me a terrific cut, for which I'm grateful.  Thank you Jackie for easing me into the transition and for helping me make my wish come true.


Here we are at Jackie's Family Hair Salon (located in the shopping center...101 Marlboro Ave, Suite 55,  Easton, MD) Jackie is the owner and a super stylist.


My ponytails drying and ready to get their wig on.


Top and Front view

 side view

Back home and ready for Sassytown - lol.  No more flat irons, bad hair days, and product overload.

I've enjoyed sharing this adventure with you today and hope you've found some inspiration to help you think of creative ways to help others in need.  We all have so much to give and receive in this season of gratitude.

Margaret


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels