Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Knit/Crochet Lifeline














Knitting Notebook







Pictures and drawings for inspiration














Swatches and pattern notes











Today, I'd like to share with you a very important part of my knitting adventure. It's my life line to creativity...my knitting notebooks! Although there are ways to do this online...I love Ravelry.com. I enjoy the tactile experience of thumbing through a non-cyberspace notebook. Call me old fashioned. The habit of journeling began in art school and continues today. I keep ideas, swatches, pattern notes and any pictures that inspire me. I found this very helpful when I began knitting to help me stay focused and look for new ideas and motivation. Your journal can be as simple or elaborate as you like. It's your notebook, customized just for you! It's also a nice way to document your knitting journey and growth. Give it a try if you don't have one already. Maybe, include your knitting/crochet group in the activity.

Save those swatches and be kind to yourself today.


Marg (livin' in Swatchland USA)





Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels