Friday, May 30, 2008

The WHY of Knit 1 for the Road


Bookmark and Share

There is a back story and a starting place for every project...


What inspired me to write Knit 1 for the Road? You - my fellow knitters and crocheters! I started knitting and crocheting when it wasn't so "cool"and it was usually a solitary time - after work and while watching tv. Years later, after joining a crochet group in Ventura around 2000 my world exploded - we all new each other from dancing on Friday nights and we also crocheted or knitted every Wed. On the weekends, a group of us would hike, go to concerts, dance, meet for lunch and have our projects with us. I grew to love this time and learned so much from my fellow knitters and crocheters. We also worked on charity projects in between personal projects. This really appealed to me. I cherish that time in my life. Knitting, for me, has always been a constant friend and has sustained me through bad times as well as happy.


Knit 1 for the Road is my tribute to all my fellow knitters and was created to inspire (especially new knitters) to learn as much as they can, how to go about it and how to stay motivated...the intermediate knitters will find patterns that they can knit on the move and will inspire them to embellish and use finishing techniques they love, as well as adapt their favorite yarn to each project.


It is also a tribute to my sister, Lea, who put the first knitting needles in my hands and taught me the magic of knitting...I am forever grateful to her for spending the time to teach me.
I am not a celebrity or an expert - I am learning every day on my knitting journey, just like most of us, but I am happy to share my knowledge of many years of knitting and learning from some fabulous knitters along the way.


Knit-Share-Go!




Marg

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels