Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dog Days of Summer Crochet










Cotton Blanket crocheted for Tails of Hope Foundation, “Blanketed With Love™” Campaign

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July celebration filled with all the good stuff of life...hot dogs, illegal fireworks (heehee, just kidding), the people you cherish and lively crafting projects. Today, I'd like to share with you some projects I've been working on.

During the holiday, I found some time to crochet this small blanket for the Blanketed with Love Campaign. Normally, I make a larger blanket, but I had enough of this yarn on hand to make this one for comforting a smaller dog. I used worsted weight cottton by Lily Sugar'nCream Stripes, Violet Stripes. I used 3 skeins and a double crochet stitch (with sc for the edging) and size H crochet hook. Fast and simple to make.















Chemo caps crocheted with KnitPicks Crayon Boucle which is a soft pima cotton perfect for chemo caps because it's so soft and comfortable.


Also finished the Doris Scarf from Pop Goes Crochet that I had been working on and am working on scarf number two. I chose yarn from my stash to make these two scarves. The one pictured is made with Yang (Joy#835) from SWTC and the second with SWTC Vickie Howell Collection, Craft, Candi #770. This is a quick and easy project - fun to make too.

made with Yang (Joy #835) from SWTC.





Here's wishing you lazy summer days filled with summer knitting and crochet with all the yarns you love on sale...and a few stashbuster projects sprinkled in along the way.



Marg (filled with visions of sunshine, sparkling water, and a cool breeze)



No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels