Monday, May 11, 2009

IT'S ALL NEEDLEART OVER HERE!


One of my embroidery pillowcase projects.



Embroidery seems to be popping up everywhere and is becomming more and more popular. It's a wonderful warm weather project for home and family, lightweight and colorful. I know my faithful knitty readers are going ack! Hang on there - I'm not suggesting tossing out the knitting here - just taking a crafty stroll down another (or for some) new path.

Afterall, it was my love for embroidery that led me to try knitting and crochet. Childhood summers were spent reading, embroidering borders on my pillowcases and going to the beach.

To get you started, I found a great series of videos from stitchingcow that go over all the basics for you.

A couple of sites that I visit for free resources, links and patterns ...



And for those who love embroidered items but don't want to make projects...try fabulous Etsy.com and help support the handmade revolution.
Not a traditional guy or gal? No problem, designs don't have to be traditional. Go for designs that inspire you and fit into your lifestyle and you will discover your own needleart style!
If you've been sitting on the fence about learning to embroider, or if you used to love making embroidered projects, I hope this will encourage you to give it a try this summer.
Knit-Share-Go create something wonderful.

Marg (embracing butterflies, bees and all needlearts)

3 comments:

Cherry Tart Design said...

Very pretty! I love doing cross stitch, there are so many wonderful patterns now compared to when I first started out. I've never tried regular embroidery but I love ribbon embroidery and would love to try it some time!

A Singh said...

Awsome blog! I really liked your posts and blog.

Keep it up!

Have a nice weekend!

Knit 1 for the Road said...

Hi You Two! Thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comments! I'll keeping writing if you keep reading - heehee! Have a great weekend. Marg

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels