Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MATSURI MODIFIED MADNESS

Stash-A-Roo!
Today I'd like to share what's on my needles with you. The Matsuri Scarf pattern came from a kit I found at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival over the summer. The original scarf was made with 34 sts and US size 10 knitting needles.

Original Matsuri Scarf
I found some skeins of Patons Nuance and decided to make a couple for presents. Looking at the simple pattern, and considering the type of yarn I was using I decided to knit only 19 sts on larger needles (US Size 13 (9.0mm) and here's the result.




Modifying one of your favorite patterns is a great way to practice your gauge skills and creativity. Sometimes switching yarn and needles gives you a different look. I basically counted the stitches in my original pattern for each pattern row and adapted it At first I tried dividing it in half, but it needed two extra sitches (one on each end) to look more finished. Looking at the original scarf and knitting a gauge helped me to decide exactly what I needed. It also helps to reinforce those math skills. GAUGE is important to the process and why it's encouraged for most projects.
Knit/Crochet Along for Scarves from the Heart this month and share your pics! ;)See details on September 15th Blog.



KNIT-SHARE-GO!
Marg
VISIT margknittinaround on Etsy. The place for Knit 1 for the Road patterns, kits, and more! FALL FLAIR FASHIONS ARE IN DA HOUSE.
Visit knit1fortheroad.com for info, fun links, updates, scoops!

No comments:

Disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels